Phase II of the Covid 19 response and face2face treatment
The main points are to maintain social distancing as we are best able and to always keep your hands as clean as possible. We want you to be safe and feel safe when you are at the Centre so we will be doing our upmost to ensure this.
If you are not sure whether it is best to have an online appt or if you would benefit more by being seen face to face then we can arrange a phone call to discuss this. We have a “virtual first” approach.
However if you think you would like to see one of our therapists then you will be asked to agree that you are not a diagnosed or suspected Covid 19 carrier and then we will agree together that you understand the risks and have agreed to a face2face meeting. You will also need to consent to treatment. Please do not come to the Centre if you suspect at all that you may be a risk. Please confirm that:
You have not had any recent alteration in taste or smell
You do not have a temperature
You do not have a new continuous cough
Procedure at the Physio Therapy Centre
- Arrive at practice and wait in car until called. Please consider wearing a mask if you have one or we will provide one. If on foot or by bike ring bell and go in and sit in the hall
- Please cleanse your hands on entering the building
- your therapist who will be wearing a mask and apron will collect you from your car or hall
- Your temperature will taken via an infrared thermometer
- If you have a temperature you will not be able to continue with the appointment
- You will be asked to wear a mask if you are not already wearing one
- You will need to sign that you consent to treatment
- You will then go to the room that will have been pre-cleansed.
- A consultation will follow to assess your condition as per a normal session
- The therapist will then wash their hands and then they will put on gloves
- Treatment will follow that may be education, advice, exercise therapy and manual therapy
- At the end of the session you can leave the room
- Reception will call and payment can be made over the phone and a follow-up appt made as required as well as dealing with any insurance matters
- Payment can be made with reception if social distancing is adhered to